There is no denying this year has presented some challenges unlike any other in history, but if there’s a silver lining it’s that families are spending time together at home and reconnecting like never before. Even if your holidays look a little different this year there’s no reason why you can’t enjoy them to the fullest. Stop in Suzy’s Bar and Grill to dine in or get it to go and enjoy a night at home. Here are some fun and delicious cocktail ideas from Good Housekeeping.
Boozy Grinch Punch
● 1 (0.13-oz.) packet Kool-Aid Lemon Lime mix
● 4 c. water
● 4 c. ice
● 3 c. lemon-lime soda
● 2 c. pineapple juice
● 2 c. vodka
● 1 c. ginger ale
● Lime wedges, for rimming
● Red sanding sugar, for rimming
● In a large pitcher combine Kool-Aid and water.
● In a large punch bowl, combine ice, kool-aid, soda, pineapple juice, vodka, and ginger ale.
● Use a lime wedge to rim glasses and dip in sanding sugar to coat. Pour punch into glasses to serve.
Warm Tea-and-Cider Punch
This spin on a hot toddy uses apple cider for a sweet taste.
● 6 c. fresh apple cider
● 8 English breakfast tea bags
● 1 sliced lemon
● 4 1/2 oz. Bourbon
● Bring 6 cups of fresh apple cider to a boil in a large saucepan.
● Reduce heat and simmer until cider is reduced to 3 cups, 30 to 45 minutes.
● Remove from heat and add 8 English breakfast tea bags and 1 sliced lemon; steep for 4 minutes. Discard tea bags.
● Stir in 4 1/2 ounces bourbon. Serve warm.
● Lime wedge, for rim
● white sanding sugar
● 1 c. vodka
● 1 1/2 c. cranberry juice
● 1/4 c. triple sec
● 1/4 c. fresh lime juice
● 1/2 c. fresh cranberries
● Run a lime wedge around each glass then dip in sanding sugar.
● Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec, and lime juice. Shake until the cocktail shaker is cold.
● Divide drinks between rimmed glasses and add cranberries for garnish.
Cranberry Gin Fizz
Green, red and oh-so-delicious.
● For the Cranberry Syrup:
● 1/2 c. cranberries
● 3/4 c. granulated sugar
● 3/4 c. water
● 4 sprigs fresh thyme
● For the Cocktail:
● 2 oz. gin
● 3/4 oz. Cranberry Syrup (see below)
● 3/4 oz. fresh lemon juice
● 1/2 oz. elderflower liquor
● Club soda
● Fresh cranberries, to garnish
● 2 sprig fresh thyme, to garnish
● Make the Cranberry Syrup: Simmer cranberries, granulated sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves and cranberries break down, 10 to 12 minutes. Stir in 4 sprigs fresh thyme. Cool to room temperature. Strain; discard solids.
● Make the Cocktail: Combine gin, Cranberry Syrup, fresh lemon juice, elderflower liquor, and ice in a cocktail shaker. Shake until chilled; strain into 2 glasses. Top with ice and club soda. Garnish each drink with fresh cranberries and 1 sprig fresh thyme.
Whatever you’re craving, Suzy’s Bar & Grill will do the cooking for you! This season, sink your teeth into our fresh half-pound burgers, crisp salads, and delicious veggie toppings for pizzas or sandwiches. Cool off with summer cocktails and beverages from our bar, and be sure to check out our Daily Specials menu. Take advantage of our wide variety of options by placing an order for carryout, calling (630) 553-6500 or ordering through Uber Eats today!