2023 is finally here, and the weeks are already starting to fly by! From Martin Luther King Jr. Day to Groundhog Day, in just a blink of an eye, it will be Valentine’s Day. Whether you’re celebrating with a significant other, planning a girl’s night out, or having a day of self-care, there’s no better way to spend the day with a few flirty, homemade cocktails. Drink them before, during, or after a meal, and you’re sure to have a romantic and fun evening– and of course, make sure they’re red or pink to fit the holiday theme!
You don’t need to be a mixologist to make a good drink. Some of the best cocktails are kept simple with a few ingredients, which you may already have on hand! Read on for some of our favorite Valentine’s drinks that you can make for the holiday:
- Keep it classic with a Cosmopolitan! Nothing is more romantic than Carrie Bradshaw’s favorite drink, and with the fresh flavors of lime, orange, cranberry, and a hint of vodka, you’re sure to keep coming back to this drink and making them throughout the night!
- Kir Royale. What says romance like France? This is one of the simpler cocktails on this list, but it doesn’t make it any less delicious. Start with a little bit of crème de cassis, top it off with some sparkling champagne, and voila! You’ve got yourself a refreshing yet simple cocktail.
- Red Lotus. The red lotus utilizes lychee fruit, a known aphrodisiac, that can pack a sweet and subtle punch to any drink. Mix vodka, lychee liquor, and cranberry juice over ice. Serve with a wedge of lime for a drink similar in flavor to the cosmopolitan but a little more elevated and unique.
- Kentucky Kiss. Bourbon fans, we’ve got you! Though this drink isn’t red or pink, it uses fresh strawberries, which is good enough for us. To make this drink, you’ll need strawberries, lemon juice, maple syrup, bourbon, and club soda. Muddle the strawberries, lemon, and maple syrup, and mix the remaining ingredients to create this crowd pleaser.
- Frosé. Everyone loves a frozen drink, and a frosé is a perfect choice! For a Valentine’s Day treat, add pomegranate liquor and grapefruit juice to make it extra sweet and pink. Blend with frozen rosé, and you’re ready to serve!
Plan your perfect Valentine’s Day meal with Suzy’s Bar and Grill! Visit our website to learn more, or call (630) 553-6500 to start your order today!