Preparing to host one of the last summer cookouts of the season? If you’re tired of serving the same old finger foods (let’s face it, no one’s excited by a crudité platter or bowl of potato chips anymore!), we’ve got the perfect appetizer for you: mini tacos!
Tacos are one of the most festive party foods and with good reason. Put them into miniature form, and you’re sure to have a fan favorite appetizer that your friends will be talking about for the rest of the year.
Look at just a few of the reasons why we LOVE serving mini tacos at all our parties and gatherings:
- Ingredients. One of the best things about tacos is there are so many types and so many ways to customize them. Think of all the different kinds of meats, cheeses, toppings, and sauces you can put together: chicken, pork, ground beef, cheddar, tomato, grilled veggies, onions, jalapenos, and sour cream are just a few of the toppings and proteins you can have available for your guests—and that’s not even including the salsas! Mild, medium, and hot, with different flavor bases, vegetables, and fruits – the world of salsa is endless. All these options mean your guests will find a mini taco they’ll love, including kids and even the pickiest of eaters!
- Size. Finger foods are great for parties because guests want a small, delicious bite that they can easily eat while talking to friends, family, and other guests. Mini tacos do just that: since they can be eaten in 1 or 2 bites, guests won’t have an issue eating while keeping up with a conversation. Mini tacos can also be eaten by hand, so you can eat them while standing or sitting. And they’re super compact, so you won’t need to worry about taco filling spilling out everywhere. We also love that we can eat multiple different kinds of tacos because of the small size!
- Pair-ability. The other big thing to consider when hosting a party? The drinks! Whatever drinks you’re serving, mini tacos will pair well with your beverage of choice. Try some homemade spicy margaritas for a festive vibe or Mexican or domestic beer to keep things casual. If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic option, then a refreshing lime or lemonade will quench your guests’ thirst!
- Storage. You’ll likely need a lot of mini tacos to fulfill the needs and numbers of your guests. Our guess is you won’t have any leftover tacos, but if you do, mini tacos are easy to store. Refrigerate them in an airtight container for up to three days, or freeze them up and enjoy later: pop them in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, and they’ll be good as new.
- Ease. Mini tacos are super easy to make. Just take a small cookie cutter, cut out small circles from corn or flour tortillas, and fill them up like a regular taco. Put them into the oven, and your appetizer is ready to serve! In a bit of a rush? Pick up some trays of mini tacos with toppings and salsas, so they’re ready to serve, and no one will know you didn’t make them yourself!
Get your mini tacos at Suzy’s Bar and Grill in Yorkville, Illinois, for your next party or gathering! We also offer delicious pizzas, sandwiches, calzones, burgers, and wraps that will take your party to the next level. Also, check out our Events Calendar for in-person fun like trivia, slot machines, pool tables, volleyball, bags, darts, and more. Visit our website to learn more or give us a call at (630) 553-6500.